Agency Local is a trading name under Be Digital Ltd.
BeDigital Ltd are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers and respecting your privacy. We recognise your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information (‘Personal Information’) you share with us whether this is when you visit our website or offline via other methods such as telephone, email or letter.
Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a physical address, an e-mail address or other contact information.
Our main reason for collecting your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you and our customers expect from us.
BeDigital Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2019.
1. Who we are
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means BeDigital Ltd. Our registered and trading address is Wickets, Common Road, Great Kingshill, Bucks HP15 6EZ.
When we say “you” and “yours” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect.
- What data (“personal information”) do we collect?
Personal data is any data that can be used to identify you. The types of personal data that are processed may include, but are not limited to the following:
your name, telephone number, email address, postal address, job title, credit card or bank details, IP address and other information which could be used to identify you.
- Where we might collect your personal data from
We may collect the following information through the following methods:
- Social Media Platforms;
You can decide not to provide certain information, or ask that any information you have previously shared is removed. If you do so, you may not be able to take full advantage of our products, offers and services.
For example, you may provide information to us when you contact our office, place an order, take out membership, complete a survey, competition or questionnaire.
Through these interactions you may share with us: your name, address, e-mail, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, your address, and contact number.
- Why do we collect your personal data?
In order for us to supply you with goods and/or services we need to collect your personal data for various purposes, including:
- responding to enquiries made on our website or by telephone;
- processing your order, your payment, and delivering your goods and services;
- marketing – if you give us your consent, we may use your personal data to send you promotions, newsletters, and other marketing materials that we think will interest or benefit you.
- Keeping you up to date with news and information
- How we protect your data
To protect your privacy, we have adopted the following principles:
Where BeDigital Ltd collects Personal Information on the web, we intend to post a purpose statement that explains why Personal Information will be collected and whether we plan to share such Personal Information outside of BeDigital Ltd or those working on our behalf. BeDigital Ltd does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on our behalf unless such transfer is legally required.
You may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to BeDigital Ltd. The notice we intend to provide where we collect Personal Information on the web or offline should help you to make this choice. If you chose to have a relationship with BeDigital Ltd, such as a contractual or other business relationship or partnership, we will naturally continue to contact you in connection with that business relationship.
Wherever your Personal Information may be held within BeDigital Ltd or on its behalf, we intend to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that you share with us from unauthorised access or disclosure.
- How may we use your personal information?
- For the purposes of response to your requests for information, queries or quotations,
- For legitimate interests e.g. to send you marketing communications about our products, services and events.
- To deal with enquiries or complaints made by you relating to our services.
- To communicate with you;
- To provide services and support for our products;
- To provide updates to you about any changes to BeDigital Ltd policies, terms and conditions and any other matters which we may need to tell you;
- As long as you are happy for us to do so, to tell you about our other products and services and special offers;
- To improve your experience in combination with personal information we collect, information about how you engage with our e-mails and information from your online interactions, for profiling and statistical analysis;
- To customise and improve the way that we communicate with you; for example, by showing you products and offers that we think you might like.
- We use the personal information we collect including Social Media, by itself and in combination with your customer record (the information you share with us), in the following ways:
- To provide updates and services to our products;
- improve our products, technology and services generally; and
- for profiling and statistical analysis of how our products are used.
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We will only send you marketing communications when you have told us it is ok to do so. We will never pass or sell your personal information to any other Company for marketing purposes and we will give you the option to stop receiving marketing communications at any time.
- Sharing of personal information
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- Those helping us to deliver products to you;
- Third parties that help us with, processing product purchases, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage), security services and insurance claims.
- We will also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law, including in response to a legal process, such as a court order or to comply with other national or local laws.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures. We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. We also ensure that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information. Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
We host and store the information in the European Economic Area (EEA). Those third parties that we share your personal information with may handle or transfer your personal information outside of the UK, and outside of the EEA, to other countries in which they have facilities.
- Know your rights
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal information which is held about you including the right to:
- ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exemptions (the right of access – a data subject access request)
- ask us to update or correct your personal information to keep it accurate (the right of rectification )
- ask us to delete your personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose. There may be legitimate reasons why we may not be able to erase all or part of your data (The right to be forgotten)
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances (The right of restriction)
- ask for a copy of the personal information you provided to us. This right allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. It allows them to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. (The right to data portability)
- object to us using your personal information. We will either agree to stop using it or explain why we are unable to (The right to object)
- complain to the Data Protection Regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office, which may be contacted at its website http://ico.org.uk or telephone 0303 123 1113 (the right to complain)
- Ask us, at any time, to stop using your personal information, if using it is only based on your consent (the right to withdraw your consent)
As a client, previous client or prospective client of BeDigital Ltd we may forward you from time to time details about our products, services or other information which we consider may be beneficial to you or your organisation. Our understanding of GDPR regulations is that these will not require your consent as they fall within the regulation definition of legitimate interests. We respect your privacy and you can opt out from these mailings at any time by contacting your account executive, our Data Protection Manager or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you (“opted-in”) but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by:
- Contacting BeDigital Ltd customer service and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you.
- By Email email@example.com and including ‘Preference’ in the email subject
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me
If you want to stop receiving marketing or support communications from us (sometimes called “opting out”), you can do so at any time by:
- Contacting BeDigital Ltd customer service on 07775 852137 stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications;
- Using the unsubscribe option included in all our e-mail marketing and support communications; OR
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Links to other organisation’s websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of such other websites and we advise you to read the privacy policies of each website you visit which collects personal data.
- Contacting our Data Protection Manager
Enage, comment and chat with us on: